Transformation of Ringwood's Metropolitan Activity Centre's Commercial Precinct is underway, with forecasts indicating demand for an additional 60,000sqm commercial floor space in the Metropolitan Activity Centre by 2031.
Commercial developments recently completed or underway in Ringwood include:
- New first-of-its-kind McDonalds store constructed on the corner of Maroondah Highway and New Street. Innovative in design, the site is the first to have its building front the street line, maintaining the integrity and continuity of the Maroondah Highway streetscape, improving visual amenity and safety
- 500sqm addition to the 16,500sqm Ringwood Square Shopping Centre with major tenants Coles, Target and Aldi
- Completion of a 12,500sqm three level office building at 12 Maroondah Highway
- Completion of a 3,500sqm three level office building at 50 New Street
- Location of State Government offices Department of Business and Innovation (DBI) and Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) to Ringwood