Community Infrastructure Plan
Well planned, high quality, accessible community infrastructure is an essential element of a vibrant, resilient and equitable society.
The Community Infrastructure Plan identifies priorities for the Ringwood Metropolitan Activity Centre to address community needs and the Victorian Government' s urban development objectives.
The Plan identifies key aspects to guide community infrastructure provision into Ringwood Metropolitan Activity Centre including:
- Integrated Health and Well Being
- Young People
- Learning, Training and Education
- Public Realm and Social Connectivity
- Cultural Expression and Entertainment
- Open Space and Physical Connectivity
Key community infrastructure priorites have been identified as:
- An integrated Community Health and Well Being Hub
- A flexible multipurpose Young People's Activity Space
- A Life-Long Learning & Training Centre
- Community Transport & Virtual Kiosk
- Permanent and Transitional Cultural Space
- Civic Amenity Upgrades
A joined up approach by Federal, State and Local Government is necessary to deliver these community infrastructure priorities.
Designed and delivered collaboratively, the infrastructure will ensure a safer, healthier, more inclusive, productive, and connected centre that serves the needs of residents, workers, businesses, investors and visitors in and beyond the City of Maroondah.