CCTV safety program
In September 2011 the Federal Government provided a grant of $200,000 to Maroondah City Council for the design and installation of CCTV cameras in Ringwood.
The new CCTV system builds on existing camera infrastructure located at the Ringwood bus interchange with an additional three camersas installed in priortity locations around the Ringwood Metopolitan Activity Centre to monitor and respond to issues of safety, and provide a complete CCTV system for the area with live feed to Ringwood Police Station.
CCTV in the Ringwood Metopolitan Activity Centre:
- enhances actual and perceived public safety;
- provides a direct feed to Ringwood Police Station to support active policing;
- provides recorded footage to with assist evidence collection and prosecution;
- reducse anti-social behaviour and crime, particularly in crime hot spots; and
- adds value to initiatives conducted by Council, Victoria Police, State Government and other stakeholders.
Further cameras will be added to the CCTV network as funding becomes available.